terms & conditions
Below are the terms and conditions for Bay Design. Please read them carefully before placing your order. By using this website or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. Please also read our privacy statement regarding personal information provided by you. These terms of business are to protect and clarify the legal rights of our customers as well as ourselves.
We may change these terms from time to time without notice. Changes will apply to any subsequent orders received.
Once your order has entered our dispatch process, we will not be able to make any changes.
The terms and conditions stated below apply to all orders made to Bay Design. No other terms and conditions can apply in any circumstances.
We sell our products to both trade and retail customers. If you would like more information, please contact us.
We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
Intellectual Property Right and Right to Use:
You acknowledge and agree that all copyright, trademarks and all other intellectual property rights in all material or content supplied as part of the Website shall remain at all times vested in us. You are permitted to use this material only as expressly authorized by us.
You acknowledge and agree that the material and content contained within the Website is made available for your personal non-commercial use only and that you may download such material and content onto only one computer hard drive for such purpose.
Any other use of the material and content of the Website is strictly prohibited. You agree not to (and agree not to assist or facilitate any third party to) copy, reproduce, transmit, publish, display, distribute, commercially exploit or create derivative works of such material and content.
We take every care to ensure that the description and specification of our products are correct at the time of publication. However, specifications and descriptions of products on this website are not intended to be binding and are intended only to give a general description of the products.
Furthermore, and without prejudice to the generality of the foregoing, while the colour reproduction of the products is a close representation, we cannot accept any responsibility for any variation in colour caused by the browser software or computer system used by you. We reserve the right to withdraw items from our range at any time without prior notification.
Pricing, Payment & Taxes:
We are unable to supply any goods on a sale or return basis.
We accept online payment in a secure environment by Paypal. All transactions are shown in pounds sterling (£).
All prices quoted on this website are accurate at the time of publication and are quoted in pounds sterling (£) and are inclusive of UK sales tax (VAT) at the current rate.
Payment in full for all retail fabric orders is required before goods are cut and dispatched.
Pro-forma invoices must be fully paid by trade customers before goods are made and dispatched.
Once full payment is received and items are dispatched they become the property of the buyer.
Placing an Order:
By placing an order with us you will be deemed to have read, understood and agreed to these Terms and Conditions. If you are unhappy with any aspect of these terms, then you should contact us before placing an order.
By placing an order via this website you are making an offer to Bay Design to purchase the goods detailed in your order upon the terms described in your order.
Your debit/credit card will be authorised and charged at point of sale. This does not affect your statutory rights.
Prices and availability of goods are subject to change without notice. A delivery charge will be added to your order value where appropriate.
- a) Non-receipt of goods: Any claim for the non-receipt of goods must be made in writing within a maximum of 14 days from the date of the confirmed delivery date.
- b) Errors and omissions: Customers should check all deliveries immediately for shortages, faults, damages or incorrect products. The buyer must inform Bay Design in writing, within 7 days of the date of delivery.
- c) No claim will be considered in any circumstances should the goods have been cut, modified or damaged by buyer in any way.
- d) It is a characteristic of natural textiles that there will be variations in the weave, colour and texture including occasional slubs and as such claims for irregularities will not be accepted under any circumstances. To ensure exact colour matching it is advised to order quantities required for future use at one time. While every effort is made to ensure accuracy of colours, because of the limitations of the printing process, variations may occur and colours may not always be exact. The sample you order may come from a different batch to the material you receive. For more information about the production of the textiles and dyeing process please contact us.
- e) We will not be held responsible for any miscalculation of lampshade orders. It is the responsibility of the customer to check all orders.
You, the buyer, warrant that all details provided on the order form/over the telephone for the purpose of purchasing the products are correct, that the debit/credit card you are using is your own and that there are sufficient funds and/or sufficient unused limit available to cover the cost of the products.
As with all natural textiles, colour variation may occur from batch to batch, and whilst every effort is made to ensure accuracy of colours. We strongly advise you to get a swatch before you finalise your order. Responsibility for ribbon or shade variation will not be accepted after making.
We recommend that all our lampshades are cleaned with a clean hoover brush.
Computer images may not accurately represent the design colourways, therefore refunds are not accepted.
Terms of Delivery
We aim to deliver your order within two weeks of receipt of your order, these ribbon lampshades are made to order and the ribbons are made in France. However, from time to time, through circumstances beyond our control, this may not be possible. In the event that a ribbon is temporarily out of stock, we will notify you of the delay and send it as soon as it has been made.
All orders are sent by Parcelforce and require a signature on delivery. If you are not available to sign for your delivery, the delivery company will post a card through your door asking you to contact them to arrange an alternative delivery date.